Augustine Recovery Packing List
While at Augustine Recovery, we want our residents to be fully present in the moment and focused on their treatment.
Augustine Recovery Packing List
While at Augustine Recovery, we want our residents to be fully present in the moment and focused on their treatment. We have designed our packing list to further these goals. Please note that all luggage and bags will be searched by our staff upon arrival at our facility.
We recommend that you bring…
- Hope and a good sense of humor
- Identification (valid driver’s license, passport, or government-issued photo ID)
- Health insurance card(s) and prescription card(s)
- Luggage: Please limit luggage to two pieces and a carry-on.
- Clothing: When packing, remember you are coming to a warm climate in Florida. Comfortable, casual, and the ability to layer are needed. Plan to have a seven- to ten-day cycle of clothing. Exercise clothes will be needed for fitness and outdoor activities. You’ll need everyday footwear, gym shoes, and hiking footwear. We recommend that you bring two swimsuits, some sunscreen, and sunglasses. None of your clothing should reference alcohol, drugs, or inappropriate logos. All items that violate this rule will be shipped home at your expense.
- Laundry: We provide laundry facilities and detergent at no additional cost. Don’t worry about packing linens, sheets, and towels – we provide these as well.
- Medications: Please arrive with a minimum seven-day supply of any prescribed medications so as not to miss any doses. Have a list of your prescribed medications and dosages. Authorized medications will be picked up by our staff at the local pharmacy. You will be responsible for your copays or out-of-pocket costs for your prescriptions. We recommend that you have a credit card and insurance on file at Moultrie Pharmacy. You can reach them at (904) 794-1399 to streamline the process for staff picking up meds. Please note that any unauthorized or illegal substances will be destroyed during the admissions process.
- Toiletries: Shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, toothbrush, and toothpaste are recommended. Please be sure that your toiletries are completely alcohol-free.
- Electronics: Cell phones may be brought, and we will store them until use is permitted. You may also bring an iPod or MP3 player, but these cannot have Wi-Fi connectivity or camera capabilities. These can be used during free time or exercise times.
- Tobacco Use: Smoking and chewing tobacco are allowed in designated areas. Cigarettes and chewing tobacco must be in their original sealed packaging. Loose tobacco and rolling papers are not permitted.
- Miscellaneous: Envelopes, stamps, eyeglasses, contacts, flashlight and batteries, personal alarm clock (without radio), disposable shaving razors, pens/pencils, musical instrument, and a white noise machine may also be brought to Augustine Recovery.
- Epinephrine (Epi-Pen) if ever experienced anaphylaxis.
- COVID Misc: Please bring your own washable cotton masks, or masks of your choice. You will only be required to wear them in the presence of staff while your COVID test is pending, which is typically 2-3 days.
- Musical Instruments: Guitars, bass guitars, mini drums, keyboards are all welcome
What Not to Bring
Certain items should not be brought to Augustine Recovery because they will serve as distractions or obstacles to the treatment process. Others may pose a risk to the safety of our staff and residents. Prohibited items will be held in our safe until the resident finishes treatment or until it can be returned to a family member.
The following items are not permitted on our premises:
- Weapons of any kind, including but not limited to knives, guns, scissors, or other items with blades.
- Items of excessive value
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Candles, incense, or similar items
- Energy drinks
- Electronics: external speakers, items with Wi-Fi connectivity or camera capabilities
- Toiletries that are aerosols or that contain alcohol
- Pornographic or violent materials
Recovery Is One Phone Call Away
If you’re ready to face your addiction to alcohol, or if you have questions about alcohol addiction for a loved one, give us a call at (904) 217-0480. You can speak directly to one of our alcohol treatment specialists and learn more about our facility, our professional staff, alcohol treatment options, insurance, and more.